Local Land Charges (local searches)
Local Land Charges searches are an important part of the property conveyancing process. The results of local searches will inform potential purchasers about essential information that a local authority might hold about a property.
The LLC1 search informs purchasers of restrictions or charges affecting the use of the property, such as tree preservation orders, enforcement notices, planning permissions and financial charges.
The enquiry forms CON29 and CON29O provide information on matters such as local plans, highways and assets of community value.
Local Land Charges searches are usually undertaken by solicitors but you can also submit your own search.
Some information, including planning permissions, enforcement notices and tree preservation orders can be found online by viewing the council's Planning Online and facilities.
A search of the Local Land Charges register only can be requested under Environmental Information Regulations at no cost. This is a search of the LLC1 register only and replies to CON29 enquiries are not provided.
How to submit a search
- email: email@example.com
- to make payment, please contact us for BACS details
Current prices (until April 1 2024)
- £32.55 for LLC1 (excluded from VAT)
- £84.42 for Con29 (including VAT)
- £116.97 for LLC1 and Con29 Full Search (including VAT)
- Optional enquiries (Con29O) can be added for£16.38 per question (including VAT)
- £24.00 for each additional property/parcel (including VAT). Please contact us for a quote if you think there may be additional parcels.
Page last updated: 14 April 2023