Contact us about your bin
If you have any questions about your bin, you can contact us using the waste general enquiry form.
Common questions include:
- asking for a bigger bin if you have a household of more than 6 people or you have started producing clinical waste
- asking for an extra recycling bin
- asking about payment for waste services
- where you should put your bin for collection
- asking for bins for a new-build property
You need an online BRUM account to use this form. Create a BRUM account if you do not already have one.
If you need a new bin or pod
You need an online BRUM account to request a new bin or pod.
Create a BRUM account if you do not already have one.
Extra recycling bins
Due to an overwhelming demand for extra recycling bins, we have temporarily stopped taking new requests while we work to deliver the current orders we have.
The extra recycling bin will be for your dry recycling:
Your original recycling bin will then be used for paper and card only.
When we deliver the second recycling bin, we will take away the pod from your original recycling bin, as it is no longer needed. The pod will be reused or recycled.
If you have space for an extra bin, but have not yet requested one, revisit this page later in the year to find details of how you can request one. This will help the city increase its recycling rates as part of our route to net zero carbon emissions.
If the bin collection crew has damaged your bin or pod, they will leave a tag on the bin telling you this. They will tell us about the damage, and we will provide you with a new bin. You do not need to report it to us.
If you have damaged your bin, you must report it to us using the request a new bin or pod form.
Leave your damaged bin or pod at the front of the property, where it can easily be seen by our crew.
Until you receive your new bin, you should put out your bin bags for collection.
We will not charge you for:
- replacing a broken bin when you can give us the broken one
- new recycling wheelie bins, inner pods and recycling boxes
- replacing a bin that we have damaged
There is a £20 charge:
- to replace a missing household or garden waste bin
- for providing bins that are missing in a previously occupied property
Page last updated: 8 February 2024