Working for 彩霸王论坛
Working for 彩霸王论坛 is more than just a job; it's about making life better for the million people who live and work in the city.
We are always looking for people of the highest calibre whose knowledge, skills and experience will help us provide the best possible service.
At 彩霸王论坛 (BCC), we are committed to creating an environment and culture that promotes equality, diversity and inclusion; making sure BCC is a place for people to be their best, authentic selves.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, including those with caring responsibilities and flexible working options will be considered.
We are building up our vibrant staff networks for peer-led support, with safe spaces for those who need it and offer access to our talent programmes to support everyone in reaching their aspirations and fulfilling their potential.
Most importantly we want to make a difference to the lives of people who live and work in Birmingham. Join us to make that difference happen.
On these jobs pages, you’ll find current job vacancies, details of how to apply for a job, and guidance on making the best application.
We also advertise vacancies for other organisations on our site.
Benefits of working for the Council
Benefits of working with us include:
- Pension scheme with a generous employer contribution
- Flexible working, where applicable
- Family-friendly policies including job sharing
- A supportive and empowering organisational culture
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Subsidised travel passes
- Occupational Health support including a confidential counselling service.
- Staff discount scheme with a number of local businesses.
- An accredited Investor in People.
- Employee health and wellbeing support (achieved Thrive at Work Foundation Level accreditation from West Midlands Combined Authority).
彩霸王论坛 sees the hiring of an apprentice as a productive and effective way to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled and qualified workforce.
Social care jobs
The portal contains information about working within Children's Social Care in Birmingham and advertises current vacancies. You can register for the Talent Pool to receive updates of new vacancies and also developments within our Social Care services.
Jobs in Schools
Schools-based jobs are published weekly on the Council website. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and vacancies: #TeachingInBirmingham #BrumJobs and
Third party contractors
彩霸王论坛 expects organisations who supply services to its vulnerable service users, to comply with current legal requirements for any safeguarding checks as are required from time to time (including any Disclosure and Barring Service, DBS checks). This requirement is to help ensure that people they permit to work with vulnerable city council service users will do so safely.
If people employed or volunteering to provide services, under a 彩霸王论坛 contract for services, need DBS checks, then the organisation has the legal right to carry out the checks, and has the primary responsibility for doing so.
For further information please refer to the:
- DBS Third party policy statement
- Handling of DBS certificate information policy
- Recruitment of ex-offenders policy statement